Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Just received an auction that I won

WOO HOO!!!

I love bargains and this was one of the better bargains I've had. 

This particular auction was for 20 pounds of miscellaneous Erector set parts.  They are dirty, rusty and a huge mix of parts from different sets. 

I like to look at the "per pound" price.  I paid $29 dollars for 20 pounds of parts (Erector tool box included).  That equates to $1.45 per pound.  By far the best bulk buy that I've ever done.

There are gears from clocks, watches and several different sizes from metal construction sets (not all Erector), wheels, shocks of string, a ladder chain and many parts that I have no clue what they are or what sets they're from.

There are a few miscellaneous tools

There is also a working motor from an older set.  Very nice.

There are two distinct "wins" for this particular auction, though

1) Modern Morecraft construction set pieces
Included were many pieces from a construction set from the 30's called "Modern Morecraft".  These are metal slotted pieces that slide together.  Very nice.

2) Several girders, angel pieces and wheels from an 1920's, Mysto Erector set.  These parts typically sell at auction for much higher prices than sets from the 40s to the present.  I'm really excited about this one.

I won't be completely sure of everything that I received until I can give them a good sorting and a good cleaning.  Not only is this one of the best deals that I've ever had, it's one of the purchases that I have the most fun browsing through.

These parts need some serious cleaning, but part of the fun is seeing exactly what you get when you win the auction and a it's beautiful addition to my already large and still growing collection of Erector Set parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment