Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Erector set parts, parts, and more parts

Parts, parts and more parts

For me the search for Erector set parts seems to be a never ending task

I found another lot of parts just Monday.  Actually I found it on Saturday, but made arrangements with the seller to pick it up from her Monday evening.

Of all places, Facebook Marketplace was where I found this.

Seller had this listed as simply:  Erector set parts. Full tub.



She had an image that showed a Rubbermaid tub that was full to the top of various Erector set parts.

The MOST interesting part of this was that it looked like there were massive amounts of parts from 1914 . . . over a century old!

Anyway, I had arranged to look a the parts on Monday and went to the pre-arranged location and when she arrived, she pulled the tub out of her car and said, "Here is my ex-husband's beloved Erector Set."  LOL

My eyes practically bugged out of my head.

I looked at the tub and found that I was correct, there were a lot of pre-1920 parts . . . I gave her the money that we'd agreed upon and took the tub from her and was really excited at the prospect of evaluating my new treasure when I got home.

The first thing that I did was weigh the tub . . . 33 pounds !!!

After sorting, I found the pre-1920 parts included 12 inch girders, 6 inch girders, 3 inch girders, a ton of angle sections, some wheels and at least 1 plate.



There were several parts from Erector sets from the 20s through the 80s, also included were parts from Meccano sets.  Some old, some not so old.  As to parts, there were a couple of parts that I have no clue what they are, but seem to fit right in with the Erector Set theme.  😂

Some instructions for Constructioneer (Urbana) and Marklin construction kits were thrown in, and for good measure, a box of hardware. . . Construction support brackets.  LOL  Everything Erector. 

Many of these parts need some attention.  They need cleaning, many need straightening and many are just plain unusable as far as "Set pieces" go, but everything in this tub is usefull and useable to me.

BONUS
One of the little Meccano parts boxes that I highlighted in an earlier post, was included in this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment